Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hot topic - shots in the dark



So, I might shoot off my mouth.

I might make sweeping, generalised statements about things I don't really have much understanding of or issues I know little about. I might even get all self-righteous and pissy if I'm verbally shot down. Like anyone, this doesn't make me feel good. In fact, it might even get my temper up.

But I don't get in a car and go shooting up the houses of my detractors.

Since the beginning of this year, there have been 10 separate incidents of drive by shootings in my fair city. Couple that with the 3 dozen odd shootings in the previous 6 months and it adds up. Thankfully, in most of these cases, no one was injured. Having said this, it also appears that in most cases, the only people in the houses at the time were women and children.

Yes, you heard right - women and children. And you know, if this continues, soon enough an innocent woman or child will be injured or killed.

Statistically speaking, the amount of shootings is miniscule compared to some other countries. But in Australia, this is huge. To make matters worse, the police are being hamstrung by tight-lipped communites who are rightly afraid of retribution from the same douches responsible in the first place.

These lowlifes are nothing but cowards. They might think they're big men for carrying a gun and for shooting up a house or a car. But in reality, they're little pussies hiding behind a community fear of gang retribution. For their unbelievably callous behaviour, they're awarded the second Lowlife Pondscum award for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment